Re: LONG - Question on dealing w/ numerics - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: LONG - Question on dealing w/ numerics
Date
List pgsql-sql
David,

> I have a function that is to create a Accounting JOURNAL entry.
> The strange thing is the function works for simple entries such as:

> Here is the function and I can't seem to figure out what is LOGICALLY
> wrong and would produce these results.

I'm not sure the problem is with the function.   I think the problem is
with your program logic, as the funciton just inserts a *single*
journal line and updates the balance.

How do you insert the 4 entries required by a full double-entry
transfer as you described?

Also, how about posting a schema?

-Josh