Re: Mysql date/time, was Re: Press Release -- - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Mysql date/time, was Re: Press Release --
Date
Re: Mysql date/time, was Re: Press Release --  ("Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in>)
List pgsql-advocacy
FWIW:

I'd prefer not to see unproductive criticism of MySQL in this forum.
  It's not helpful in promoting PostgreSQL.   Further, if members of
the press should browse our archives, we'll see "MySQL - PostgreSQL
Feud Escalates" on Slashdot, which will muddle our attempts to get our
message in print, i.e.:

Justin: "Version 7.4 has been released, with point-in-time recovery ...
"
Reporter: "Are these new features intended as an attack on MySQL?"

I agree that the MySQL AB staff have been poor "team players" in the
Open Source world.   However, that does not give us the excuse to do
the same.

(This is only my opinion -- I am *not* moderator of this list)

-Josh Berkus