Re: datediff? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: datediff?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Erwin,

> Thanks for your quick response Josh.
>
> I wasn't aware of the Postgresql-function DATEDIFF()
> The accolade ' is not a problem of course!

Whoops!   Didn't want to confuse you.   What I meant was, a PgSQL
function "Datediff" could be easily *written*, except that it would
need quoted identifiers, different from the T-SQL function.   If anyone
on this list has written a DateDiff, please post!

> But I have to say to my shame, I was asking you too soon, because all
> really needed was a function that could return me some absolute
> timediff,
> and I found date_part('epoch', date) does the trick nicely enough for
> me.
> I can now take the diff in millisecs since start of epoch, which is
> enough
> to do all other calculations easily.

Cool!   Glad that you found something that would work for you.

-Josh