Re: Can I search for an array in csf? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Can I search for an array in csf?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Vernon,

> Thanks Josh, I will take a look at this book.
>
> The only problem with the implemention I can see so far is
> performance: change format when read/write data. Other
> than that, I don't see a big problem. I, however, shall say the
> performance is important in my project.

I'd think Java would be able to do array --> table and table --> array
very quickly.  Certainly, PHP and Perl do.

Also, you can use a custom aggregate to give yourself a comma-delimited
list from a subtable (see the article on custom aggregates at
techdocs.postgresql.org)   However, custom aggregates are slow and
Java's array-handling is probably faster.

-Josh Berkus