Re: Date/Time types - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Date/Time types
Date
List pgsql-sql
Seb,

> I'm french, so excuse me if my english is not correct.

Whereas if you were a native English speaker, you would realize that
there is no such thing as "correct English" .... <grin>

> I'd like to create a table with a Timestamp row (named date for
> example) and
> width a resolution as smaller as possible (1 microsecond if
> possible).
>
> What is exactly the correct query for that question ?
>
> The query I've written is :
> CREATE TABLE "table" (
> "id" int4 NOT NULL,
> "date" timestamp [13] NOT NULL )

Sorry, the syntax above creates a table with an *array* of 13 timestamp
values.

I don't know what the syntax you want for an extra-precision timestamp
is.   Assuming there is one at all, which there may not be ...

I'd also advise against creating tables with reserved words (such as
"date" ) as column names.  It can cause you all kinds of headaches
later on,

-Josh Berkus