Re: pgaccess - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: pgaccess
Date
List pgsql-novice
Patrick,

> is pgaccess still a good software ? because my readline don't work
> with
> psql, so i'm looking for an alternate solution.

No, PGAccess is sadly out of date due to lack of porject staff.  Wanna
learn TCL/Tk?

If you're having trouble with linking the readline library to Postgres,
you probably need to re-compile postgres (no initdb required) after
installing libreadline-devel.  Most Linux installations only install
the binary of the library, and as a result postgres (and several other
apps, like proftp) can't access the library.

-Josh Berkus