Proposal: New Mailing List - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Josh Berkus
Subject Proposal: New Mailing List
Date
List pgsql-general
Folks,

Can I suggest that we launch a new mailing list: PGSQL-PERFORM for
 performance issues? An awful lot of SQL list traffic is devoted to
 speeding up the database these days; I feel at this point that that
 topic deserves its own list.

This would be particularly valuable for PHP developers and the like who
 don't want to subscribe to the SQL list because 1/2 the traffic is
 incomprehensible to them. Right now, I see a lot of traffic on the PHP
 list which is a duplicate of questions asked and answered on the SQL
 list regarding indexes and the like.

Also, a lot of performance issues have nothing to do with SQL. Disk
 access times, for example.

Just a suggestion.  Please note that I am not subscribed to GENERAL
(SQL, NOVICE, and PHP are as much as I can keep up with), so please CC
your responses to me directly.

-Josh Berkus