Re: Question #4 about PL/PGSQL - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Question #4 about PL/PGSQL
Date
List pgsql-sql
Tom,

> Not only varchar --- any other parameters, period.  And
> not only that,
> but the result is taken as NULL no matter what you try to
> return.

Not quite.  I tried the following:

Parameters: $1=integer, $2=NULL, $3=varchar

And I had the function test for nulls.  It read the first
parameter, but not $3.  It did return the string telling me
it had found nulls, however.

> This is a longstanding deficiency that is fixed by the
> new function
> manager in 7.1.

Damn!  When is the "holy grail" of PostgreSQL going to be
stable enough to use?  Beta3 still has a "not advisable for
production" warning, and I'm being tied up in knots by the
number of things I need in 7.1.

Would it help if I sent more money?  :-)

-Josh