Three Unrelated Questions - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Three Unrelated Questions
Date
List pgsql-sql
Folks,

Here's three unrelated questions which have been bothering
me:

1. What TYPE does one use in a Create Function statement to
return a full dataset? (Create Function XXX AS VIEW?  Create
Function XXX AS TABLE?)

2. The Curval(), Setval() and Nextval() functions allow one
to easily manage SERIAL values for multi-table updates.  Can
someone give me an easy way, within a function, to grab the
OID returned by the INSERT statement?

3. I seem to remember reading somewhere some bitwise
operators for PGSQL.  But I can't find them in the
documentation now.  Was I mistaken?  Do we just use modulo
instead?

Thanks for any advice!

-Josh Berkus