Re: How to configure the postmaster daemon so that it accepts TCP connections? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ankuj Gupta
Subject Re: How to configure the postmaster daemon so that it accepts TCP connections?
Date
Re: How to configure the postmaster daemon so that it accepts TCP connections?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
I installed it using yum. I had a look at the /etc/profile file but it didn't have $PGDATA .

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Ankuj Gupta <ankuj2004@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!!
>
> I have to configure the postmaster daemon to accept TCP connection.For that
> I will have to add -i and -o flag at the start but how do I accomplish this
> ? I am using Fedora 9.

How did you install pg?  I'm guessing the easiest way is to edit
postgresql.conf in the $PGDATA directory to have listen_addresses="*"
and restarting pgsql.