Re: initial auth failure on debian - Mailing list pgsql-general

From TigerNassau
Subject Re: initial auth failure on debian
Date
List pgsql-general
Even with latest upgrades on debian jessie after a new postgres installation typing the following:  "su - postgres"
requestsa password and trying several such as postgres, blank, sudo password - all gives an auth error.   How can this
befixed?

Sent from my LG Mobile

Lori Corbani <Lori.Corbani@jax.org> wrote:

>It worked when I included the parameter list in the DROP statement.
>
>Thank you!
>Lori

beingpassed in when I do it this way.

(idint); CREATE TABLE aklaver@test=> select * from CamelCap_Quoted;
>ERROR:  relation "camelcap_quoted" does not exist LINE 1: select * from CamelCap_Quoted;
>                       ^
>aklaver@test=> select * from "CamelCap_Quoted";
>  id
>

>----
>

>(0 rows)
>

>aklaver@test=> select * from CamelCap_Not_Quoted;
>

>  id
>

>----
>

>(0 rows)
>

>aklaver@test=> \d
>                  List of relations
>  Schema |        Name         |   Type   |  Owner
>--------+---------------------+----------+----------
>  public | CamelCap_Quoted     | table    | aklaver
>  public | camelcap_not_quoted | table    | aklaver
>

>If the name is quoted the case is preserved and you have to quote the name to get the same object. A lot of
frameworks/ORMSautomatically quote object names so this something to watch out for. In the unquoted case the name is
foldedto lower case by default. So you can get in a situation where you have both the quoted and unquoted name and not
beworking on the object you think you are.

>> Many thanks!
>> Lori
>>

>--
>Adrian Klaver
>adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
>The information in this email, including attachments, may be confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s).
Ifyou believe you received this email by mistake, please notify the sender by return email as soon as possible.