Re: PGDATA not accessible; please fix the directory permissions ($PGDATA should be world readable) - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From jtkells@verizon.net
Subject Re: PGDATA not accessible; please fix the directory permissions ($PGDATA should be world readable)
Date
List pgsql-admin
I found something out but not sure I understand why this is causing an
issue:
find / -name psql -print -exec ls -l {} \;
    /usr/bin/psql -> ../share/postgresql-common/pg_wrapper
    /usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/bin/psql

The search path was finding the first entry.  When I put the
"/usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/bin" path first in the PATH  variablepsql
works fine.  Does any one know why
../share/postgresql-common/pg_wrapper exists and why it would give me
a problem for non postgres Unix accounts?

Thanks