Re: Problem with ControlFileData structure being ABI dependent - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rainer Bauer
Subject Re: Problem with ControlFileData structure being ABI dependent
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Gregory Stark wrote:

>The looming problem is that you won't be able to use any libraries or 3rd
>party tools which use time_t in their interface unless you build with the same
>size time_t as they do. I don't know how're expected to find out that a .so
>you're handed has a different size time_t.

But that problem is already present if you try to link your VS2005 code to the
mingw build, isn't it? Respectively you will run into this problem when
upgrading to the MSVCC  build version 8.3.

Anyway, my original message was only intended as a comment, since I have no
idea whether time_t is only used internally or whether it's publically
exposed.

Rainer