Re: Resp.: Automatic insert statement generator? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sebastian Tennant
Subject Re: Resp.: Automatic insert statement generator?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Osvaldo,

Your list_fields function looked interesting to me so I tried it out and
it only worked for one of the five or so tables in the database I was
connected to at the time.

More concerning is the fact that I can't seem to drop it.  I'm told it
doesn't exist, and then I use it to prove (to myself) that it does.

Here's it not working:

 itidb=> select list_fields('joblistings');
 -[ RECORD 1 ]-
 list_fields |

Here's it working:

 itidb=> select list_fields('joblist');
 -[ RECORD 1 ]--------------------------------------------------
 list_fields | full_name,username,password,recruiter,subscribed,...

Here's me trying to drop it, only to be told it doesn't exist:

 itidb=> drop function list_fields();
 ERROR:  function list_fields() does not exist

And here's it working again!

 itidb=> select list_fields('joblist');
 list_fields | full_name,username,password,recruiter,subscribed,...

I'm noticing some very strange behaviour this evening (see thread
'Unique constaint violated without being violated').

Is my database corrupted or are there some vital database maintenance
tasks I've neglected to do?

I'm starting to get worried now.

Sebastian