phpPgAdmin 2.3 build broken? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gary Huntress
Subject phpPgAdmin 2.3 build broken?
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm trying to setup the latest version of phpPgAdmin (2.3) and so far have
had zero success.
I usually can set up similar phpmysql version in about 2 minutes, and I've
done a previous ver of phpPgAdmin before quite quickly so I *thought* I knew
what I was doing.

I untarred fine and began editing config.inc.php.
Almost all of the defaults were fine, I left everything unchanged down to
the server block:

$cfgServers[1]['local']  = false;
$cfgServers[1]['host']  = 'localhost';
$cfgServers[1]['port']  = '5432';
$cfgServers[1]['adv_auth']  = true;
$cfgServers[1]['stduser']  = 'theuser';
$cfgServers[1]['stdpass']  = 'thepass';
$cfgServers[1]['user']   = '';
$cfgServers[1]['password']  = '';
$cfgServers[1]['only_db']  = ''; // if set to a db-name, only this db is
accessible

when I load the index.php I get only the default documentation links.  And
no manner of tinkering with user/pass,host, local true/false generates any
informative errors or warnings.

Interestingly, I noticed that I had a php error while I was editing
config.inc.php and never got an error on the page.  Viewing the source I can
see that the $server variable isn't set and that in lib.inc.php the include
is never reached hence no error:

/* $Id: lib.inc.php,v 1.36 2001/04/23 05:41:39 dwilson Exp $ */

if (defined("LIB_INC")) {

include("config.inc.php");                 // this line is never reached!

if ($cfgQuotes) {
 $cfgQuotes = "\"";
} else {
 unset($cfgQuotes);
}

is this build broken?   I don't want to go backwards because I understand
there is a "serious security bug" according to the docs.

--
Regards,
Gary "SuperID" Huntress