Re: Postgres not finding tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Tomes
Subject Re: Postgres not finding tables
Date
List pgsql-general

    James> Hello All, I have 2 identical machines running redhat 5.2 and
    James> postgres 6.5.  One machine is a replica of the other (backup).

    James> Recently I noticed that postgres gives the error: "Couldn't find
    James> any tables, sequences or indices!"

    James> whenever I tried '\d' or '\d*' on one of the machines.  BUT the
    James> database DOES contain tables because I can execute 'select * from
    James> testtable;' and postgres will display the table info.

    James> The tables are there, but for some reason postgres can't see them
    James> correctly.

    James> Has anyone seen this before, if so any help is greatly appreciated!

I have seen this where I copied the files in /var/lib/pgsql/data/base/mydb to
another machine.  If you use pg_dump/psql -e to move the data it works.  Both
my machines are running RH6.2, but I think one was PG 7.0 and the other was
7.0.2.

--
Martin Tomes

Martin.Tomes@controls.eurotherm.co.uk