Re: BUG #1931: ILIKE and LIKE fails on Turkish locale - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Victor Snezhko
Subject Re: BUG #1931: ILIKE and LIKE fails on Turkish locale
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Victor Snezhko <snezhko@indorsoft.ru> writes:

> ERROR:  expected dot between identifiers: =C8
> CONTEXT:  compile of PL/pgSQL function "createoraltertable" near line 2
>
> the following query fails:
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION TestFunction()
> RETURNS int
> AS $$
> BEGIN
>   SELECT =C8 FROM test_table;
>   RETURN 0;
> END;
> $$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

Hmm, seems like plpgsql is also broken for multibyte encodings. it
contains some single-byte ops, like the following:

    while (*s && isspace((unsigned char) *s))
        s++;
        elog(ERROR, "expected dot between identifiers: %s", sstart);

If we state that there are fixes for multibyte encodings in 8.2, we
should note that plpgsql is still broken. Being unfamiliar with
postgresql multibyte internals, I don't see a simple way to fix it
now.=20

--=20
WBR, Victor V. Snezhko
E-mail: snezhko@indorsoft.ru