New user: Windows, Postgresql, Python - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Moore
Subject New user: Windows, Postgresql, Python
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
I'm just starting to look at Postgresql. My platform (for better or
worse) is Windows, and I'm quite interested in the pl/python support.
However, when I run the binary installer, it is not offered to me as
an option (it's there, but greyed out). The plpython.dll file is
installed, however.

When I check, it looks like plpython.dll is linked against Python
2.3. I have Python 2.4 installed on my PC, and I don't really want to
downgrade.

I suppose my first (lazy) question is, is there a Python 2.4
compatible plpython.dll available anywhere? Alternatively, is there a
way I can build one for myself? I'm happy enough doing my own build
(I have mingw and msys available), but I'd rather not build the whole
of postgresql if possible, just for the sake of one DLL....

Thanks in advance,
Paul.
--
"Bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."