Re: Remaining Streaming Replication Open Items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Remaining Streaming Replication Open Items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> Robert Haas wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
>> <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>> I'll take a look. It shouldn't be too hard.
>>
>> The tricky part, I believe, is that there's more than one message that
>> can potentially be emitted, and you don't want ANY of them to repeat
>> every 2 s, so some thought needs to be given to where to hook in the
>> logic.
>
> We have the emode_for_corrupt_record() function that's used in all the
> errors that indicate a corrupt WAL record, that's a perfect place to
> hook this into. See attached patch.

The test for elog == LOG seems a bit fragile to me - why that
specifically?  Maybe elog < PANIC?  elog > DEBUG1?  Both?

But it seems basically sensible to me.

...Robert