Re: BUG #1931: ILIKE and LIKE fails on Turkish locale - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Victor Snezhko
Subject Re: BUG #1931: ILIKE and LIKE fails on Turkish locale
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Victor Snezhko <snezhko@indorsoft.ru> writes:

> 2) When I try to create a stored procedure to create table (e.g., for
>    creating table only if it doesn't already exist), it fails to
>    compile if i use cyrillic letter "=C8" (unicode id: 0x0445, utf-8
>    representation is D1 85) with the following weird error:
>
> ERROR:  expected dot between identifiers: =C8
> CONTEXT:  compile of PL/pgSQL function "createoraltertable" near line 2
>
> the following query fails:
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION TestFunction()
> RETURNS int
> AS $$
> BEGIN
>   SELECT =C8 FROM test_table;
>   RETURN 0;
> END;
> $$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

Sorry, I was a bit sloppy here: I said about creating table and
specified error output from function createoraltertable(),
which contained CREATE TABLE statement instead of SELECT, but
specified another example function.

Clarification: TestFunction() also fails with the same error about
expected dot between identifiers and can be used for debugging.

--=20
WBR, Victor V. Snezhko
E-mail: snezhko@indorsoft.ru