Aw: Re: Thanks! Re: Who adds the "start transaction" and "commit" to the intended SQL statement in "autocommit" mode? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Aw: Re: Thanks! Re: Who adds the "start transaction" and "commit" to the intended SQL statement in "autocommit" mode?
Date
In response to Re: Thanks! Re: Who adds the "start transaction" and "commit" to the intended SQL statement in "autocommit" mode?  (Bryn Llewellyn <bryn@yugabyte.com>)
List pgsql-general
> >> bryn@yugabyte.com wrote:
> >>
> >> I’ve no idea how I might have found this without human help.
> >
> > xof@thebuild.com wrote:
> >
> > That sounds like an excellent documentation patch!
>
> Well, it’s already documented clearly enough. The question is how to find it—especially if you don’t know that the
featurethat you’re looking
> for exists or not.The psql doc would print out at about thirty pages with a normal font size. So reading it from top
tobottom would be quite a task.

But, then, documentation is there to be read. And it tends to be the longer the
more details it is expected to cover, isn't it ?

Searching for generic terms on typical search engines can be quite a task, agreed.

Karsten