Re: Thanks! Re: Who adds the "start transaction" and "commit" to the intended SQL statement in "autocommit" mode? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bryn Llewellyn
Subject Re: Thanks! Re: Who adds the "start transaction" and "commit" to the intended SQL statement in "autocommit" mode?
Date
In response to Re: Thanks! Re: Who adds the "start transaction" and "commit" to the intended SQL statement in "autocommit" mode?  (Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com>)
Responses Aw: Re: Thanks! Re: Who adds the "start transaction" and "commit" to the intended SQL statement in "autocommit" mode?  (Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-general
>> bryn@yugabyte.com wrote:
>>
>> I’ve no idea how I might have found this without human help.
>
> xof@thebuild.com wrote:
>
> That sounds like an excellent documentation patch!

Well, it’s already documented clearly enough. The question is how to find it—especially if you don’t know that the
featurethat you’re looking for exists or not. The psql doc would print out at about thirty pages with a normal font
size.So reading it from top to bottom would be quite a task.