Re: SPI bug. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Hallgren
Subject Re: SPI bug.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway wrote:
> As I said before, we may or may not want to change
> the executor itself to use a constant-sized type, but as a matter of
> interface definition, I think using "long" makes the most sense.

One thing that I forgot. If you indeed will do something like that in
the future, the implication is yet another change to the SPI interfaces.
Why not decide, once and for all and right now, what the size of this
integer should be and then *start* with a change of the interface. The
change of the underlying implementation can come later. Now you
effectively force a second change that will make things incompatible
should you decide to change the executor in the future.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren