Re: BUG #1502: hash_seq_search might return removed entry - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Thomas Hallgren
Subject Re: BUG #1502: hash_seq_search might return removed entry
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:

>Thomas Hallgren <thhal@mailblocks.com> writes:
>

>>Would such a patch be accepted?
>>

>Seems like a brute-force solution.  I'd look first at whether
>AtCommit_Portals could just restart its hashtable scan after
>each deletion; if that seems too inefficient, modify the hash
>table entries themselves to carry a "portal already deleted"
>flag.

Yes, a static flag indicating that a deletion has occured will work fine
since all portals that has not been perused but not dropped now has an
InvalidSubTransactionId. I'll do it that way then.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren