Re: BUG #16615: Cannot determine type of Date for "is null" expression - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From yuanhang
Subject Re: BUG #16615: Cannot determine type of Date for "is null" expression
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Tom,
Thank you for your reply.
1. Here is the comments in JDBC Postgres driver.
// We must use UNSPECIFIED here, or inserting a Date-with-timezone into a
// timestamptz field does an unexpected rotation by the server's TimeZone:
//
// We want to interpret 2005/01/01 with calendar +0100 as
// "local midnight in +0100", but if we go via date it interprets it
// as local midnight in the server's timezone:

// template1=# select '2005-01-01+0100'::timestamptz;
// timestamptz
// ------------------------
// 2005-01-01 02:00:00+03
// (1 row)

// template1=# select '2005-01-01+0100'::date::timestamptz;
// timestamptz
// 2005-01-01 00:00:00+03
// (1 row)
2. I don’t understand why the type cannot be parsed in T_NullTest. It can be parsed when using the SQL below.
String sql = "select * from tb_user where (createdat = ?);
PreparedStatement statement = conn.prepareStatement(sql);
statement.setDate(1, new java.sql.Date(date.getTime()));
3. Thank you for your working around solution. It’s good! I really want the entire table but I will implement pagination when the argument is null. Java actually has Date as null.