Re: ReplicationSlotRelease may set the statusFlags of other processes in PG14 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From feichanghong
Subject Re: ReplicationSlotRelease may set the statusFlags of other processes in PG14
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Dear Michael,

Thank you for your attention.

On Mar 19, 2024, at 11:57, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

Yeah, that's something that we had better fix in all stable branches.

Yes, as I mentioned in my last reply, it is only necessary to fix the issue in V14.

The asserts would offer some protection moving on, but I would take
the safer move of only adding a protection like what you are
suggestion on HEAD and not in stable branches, just in case we're
missing something around them.

I agree it, we may only need to add assert checks on HEAD.

Best Regards,
Fei Changhong
Alibaba Cloud Computing Ltd.