standbycheck was:(Re: [HACKERS] testing hot standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject standbycheck was:(Re: [HACKERS] testing hot standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 12:23 AM, Jaime Casanova
<jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Jaime Casanova
> <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec> wrote:
>>

> i think "make standbycheck" needs a little more work, why it isn't
> accesible from top of source dir?

what i want to do.

1) make standbycheck should be accesible from top source dirs
2) it should use an existing regression database on an already
configured standby server (no need of the hs_primary_setup.sql)
3) it should execute the existing set of tests (the ones installcheck
execute) but with a new set of expected results, that way we can be
sure that what should be disallowed is disallowed and that the
database is returning consistent values. i've thought about having
expected/normal (or expected/primary) and expected/standby and check
actual results against the appropiate one depending if we use
installcheck and standbycheck

comments? i will start this the weekend...

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova