Re: definative way to place secs from epoc into timestamp - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew - Supernews
Subject Re: definative way to place secs from epoc into timestamp
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 2005-03-03, Bret Hughes <bhughes@elevating.com> wrote:
> a RFE would be to let to_timestamp be to a timezone without time zone
> and have a to_timestamptz do the time zone thing.  Seems more consistent
> and would give me the functionality I am looking for :)

Unix epoch times correspond to timestamp _with_ time zone.

(Why are you using timestamp without time zone anyway? For recording the
time at which an event occurred that usage is simply wrong - in fact I
can't see any situation in which a Unix epoch time can correctly be
converted to a timestamp without time zone.)

--
Andrew, Supernews