Re: What's going on here? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jdassen@cistron.nl (J.H.M. Dassen (Ray))
Subject Re: What's going on here?
Date
List pgsql-general
Dave Cramer <Dave@micro-automation.net> wrote:
> ebox=# select version();
>                            version
>  PostgreSQL 7.0.3 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc 2.96

I wouldn't trust that build for production uses; see
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html .

> ebox=# select eitemcode,itemavail from inventory where itemavail = 1
> limit 1;
>  eitemcode | itemavail
> -----------+-----------
>    6100122 |         1

> ebox=# update inventory set itemavail=0 where eitemcode=6100122;
> UPDATE 0

What do you get with "select eitemcode,itemavail from inventory where
eitemcode=6100122"? "UPDATE 0" means no row matched the "where" clause.

If this select does return rows, something truely weird is happening. If it
does not return rows, there may be some kind of typing/casting issue at
work.

HTH,
Ray
--