Re: Red Hat Database Development - Mailing list pgsql-general

From robn@verdi.et.tudelft.nl (Rob van Nieuwkerk)
Subject Re: Red Hat Database Development
Date
List pgsql-general
Patrick Macdonald <patrickm@redhat.com> wrote:

>I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself
>and the Red Hat Database development team to the PostgreSQL
>community.  We are pure engineering team (development,
>test and technical writing) based at the Red Hat Canada
>engineering office in Toronto.
>
>We have been investigating the PostgreSQL code for several
>months and are very excited about working with the community.
>We are currently evaluating the TODO list to determine which
>items best suit our team size and skill set.
>
>If you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free
>to contact me directly or through the newsgroups.  We look
>forward to becoming involved with the PostgreSQL community.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Patrick
>---
>Patrick Macdonald
>Red Hat Canada

Hi Patrick,

Good to hear this !

And I'll abuse this opportunity to ask for the thing we miss most in
PostgreSQL: database replication (just simple master-slave will do).

As a matter of fact it is the *only* thing we miss in PG.  It would be
really cool if progress could be made in this area !
(yes we know about rserv and several other things)

    Friendly Greetings,
    Rob van Nieuwkerk