Concurrent Connections - User only allowed one connection - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Gordon Ross
Subject Concurrent Connections - User only allowed one connection
Date
Re: Concurrent Connections - User only allowed one
List pgsql-jdbc
(Running PG 7.3.4 on Sparc Solaris 9)

I have a Java application (which connects to Postgres using JDBC) which
I run from the Solaris box, but which I develop from my desktop PC. When
my application connects to Postgres, it can only obtain one connection.
i.e. if the server app is running, then my PC cannot connect, but if my
PC version is running, then the server cannot connect.

If the server app is running, then I cannot connect with other tools
from my PC (e.g. EMS Postgres manager), but I can always connect using
psql from the Solaris command line.

Is this a bug, feature or just good old human error (on my part) ?

Thanks,

GTG

Gordon Ross,
Network Manager/Rheolwr Rhydwaith
Countryside Council for Wales/Cyngor Cefn Gwlad Cymru