Crash Backend in 7.3.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ian Harding
Subject Crash Backend in 7.3.1
Date
Re: Crash Backend in 7.3.1  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
This crashes for me.  I know it's a syntax error, but others are handled more gracefully.

7.3.1 on NetBSD 1.5.2 i386

create table test (
        testid int
        );

create or replace function test_trig() returns trigger as '

elog NOTICE
return OK

' language 'pltcl';

create trigger test_btrig before insert on test for each row execute procedure test_trig();

insert into test values (1);

Ian Harding
Programmer/Analyst II
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
iharding@tpchd.org
(253) 798-3549

"If any man can convince me and bring home to me that I do not think or act aright, gladly will I change; for I search
aftertruth, by which man never yet was harmed. But he is harmed who abideth on still in his deception and ignorance"

              -- Marcus Aurelius