Re: Dump Problem - Never Mind - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ian Harding
Subject Re: Dump Problem - Never Mind
Date
List pgsql-general
Never mind, I found this in the archives...

------

Leonid <leo@rusmedia.net> writes:
> pg_dump failed with message
> getTables(): SELECT (for VIEW DEFINITION) failed.
> Explanation from backend: ERROR:  cache lookup for proc 372947 failed

> Where I should dig?

You have a view that refers to a function that no longer exists.

Philip: seems like it would be helpful if this pg_dump message mentioned
*which* viewname it was failing on.  There are other cases where more
info could be reported, too...

            regards, tom lane

-----

It turns out I only have one view that calls a function.  I dropped that view, and did my dump.  Then, curiously, I
re-createdthe view, and dumped again with no problem.  The function was always there.  I don't know if the view worked,
Iforgot to check.
<snip lame lazy question>

Ian A. Harding
Programmer/Analyst II