Re: Report generation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ian Harding
Subject Re: Report generation
Date
List pgsql-general
True, true.  But once you roll your own little functions that are _just_ simple enough for your app, life gets good.

Ian A. Harding
Programmer/Analyst II
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
(253) 798-3549
mailto: iharding@tpchd.org

>>> "Culley Harrelson" <Culley_Harrelson@pgn.com> 02/19/02 10:52AM >>>
pdflib is wonderful but...

The learning curve is high.  For instance:  the coordinate system is basically *upside down* starting from the bottom
lefthand corner of the page.  The formatting is fairly low level too-- you have to take in to consideration character
spacing,line spacing, font metrics.... You can even draw paths but i have yet to attempt this (and I don't think I want
to).

<snip>