creating groups (and list archives broken?) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nic Ferrier
Subject creating groups (and list archives broken?)
Date
List pgsql-general
I've been trying to create a group using postgres 6.5.3-23 (that's the
version reported by debian, I'm not sure how to ask postgres what
version it's running).

Here's the syntax that's in the administration manual:

  CREATE GROUP grpname

I guess that should really be:

   CREATE GROUP grpname;

Anyway, when I try and run that in psql (as user postgres) I get:

  ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "group"

I have tried looking in the list archives for the answer but I don't
seem to be able to view them.

The link I'm following is:

  http://postgresql.lolix.org/mhonarc/pgsql-general

from this page:

   http://postgresql.lolix.org/users-lounge/index.html

The error I get is:

  Forbidden

  You don't have permission to access
  /mhonarc/pgsql-general/ on this server.

Can someone help me with either problem?

Nic Ferrier