Re: [SQL] how can tell if a column is a primary key? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Gary MacMinn
Subject Re: [SQL] how can tell if a column is a primary key?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello All,

I'm trying to find out if PostgreSQL has a function like NVL that replaces null values with a default?

I have a table with datetime fields, some of which are null. I'm trying to extract the date and time components with
thedate() and time() functions but the null values break these functions.

If NVL is not there, could anyone suggest alternatives?

TIA,
Gary MacMinn

Table    = test1
|              Field               |              Type                | Length|
| t1                               | text                             |   var |
| d1                               | datetime                         |     8 |

Query : SELECT t1, date(d1) from test1;  //The date() function breaks if the d1 field is not set.