Fwd: Question: 2 GB file limit on linux - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Will Lewis
Subject Fwd: Question: 2 GB file limit on linux
Date
Re: Question: 2 GB file limit on linux  (Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah.rajesh@gmail.com>)
Re: Fwd: Question: 2 GB file limit on linux  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-admin
Hi,

I sent this request recently but have heard nothing.

I'm new to he whole procedure and may be doing this incorrectly.

Please advise.

Thanks
Will Lewis

Database Administrator (DBA)
Central IT
Romney House
Bristol City Council
(0117 9222736)
I saw a reference somewhere to a 2GB file limit when backing up Postgres databases on Linux. I can't remember where I
sawit but our database is nearing 2 GB in size and concerns are creeping in.

We are running Postgres 7.4 on Redhat AS4.

Is this still a problem or has this been resolved on this version of Linux?

Thanks
WL