Help with Install on Solaris 10 (UltraSparc 3) - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Neil Verkland
Subject Help with Install on Solaris 10 (UltraSparc 3)
Date
List pgadmin-support
When I install wxWidgets everything seemed to go fine. Then when I compile PGAdmin3 1.2.2 I get:

Undefined                       first referencedsymbol                             in file
gethostbyname                       pgConn.o  (symbol belongs to implicit dependency /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1)
inet_addr                           pgConn.o  (symbol belongs to implicit dependency /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1)
inet_ntoa                           pgConn.o  (symbol belongs to implicit dependency /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to pgadmin3
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [pgadmin3] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Anyone had experience with this error? I can't believe that gethostbyname is unresolvable.

I see that my libs are there and I have even updated my windex:
man -k gethostbyname:
endhostent      gethostbyname (3nsl)    - get network host entry
gethostbyaddr   gethostbyname (3nsl)    - get network host entry
gethostbyaddr_r gethostbyname (3nsl)    - get network host entry
gethostbyname   endhostent (3xnet)  - network host database functions
gethostbyname   gethostbyname (3nsl)    - get network host entry
gethostbyname_r gethostbyname (3nsl)    - get network host entry
gethostent      gethostbyname (3nsl)    - get network host entry
gethostent_r    gethostbyname (3nsl)    - get network host entry
sethostent      gethostbyname (3nsl)    - get network host entry

*-

I did make the mistake of trying to compile once before having installed STC and OGL, but I corrected that. While
makingthat mistake, I arbitrarily copied over the entire headers folder from wxWidgets into
/usr/local/wx-<ver>/wx/include.Unfortunately, now I don't know what to delete but that shouldn't cause this problem
shouldit?

Neil S. Verkland, B.Sc.C.S.
Manager, Learning and Information Systems
Grant MacEwan College