Re: Hi, gsoc proposal - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Luis Ochoa
Subject Re: Hi, gsoc proposal
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
I believe that add the reversed engineer modeler functionality can be part of this proposal, because I don't think it will be really hard to implement (just reversed engineer), only the synchronization part between database and model and viceverse can be the problem but at least I can set the basis for this functionalities on the code and it can be implemented by me or someone else in the future.

Thanks for your idea.

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
Le 08/04/2010 16:36, Luis Ochoa a écrit :
> Hi, everyone, I'm thinking in a proposal for this year GSoC, a physical ER
> modeler for pgAdmin, just like  "oracle" datamodeler or the designer, but a
> little adjusted to postgresql, accepting types, hierarchy and others
> features of the database. The main idea is to almost everything with a few
> clicks of the mouse or modifiying the view in a easy way (model view
> controller), not to use an assistant like interface for example to fill
> columns or change datatypes, instead with can do this with a right mouse
> click or even some fast way, even when the assistant like interface should
> exist.  I'm redacting my proposal and I just want to know if anyone have a
> good idea to include or have a special feature request to include in my
> proposal schedule and objectives.

Could be a good idea. Would *much* prefer a reversed-engineer modeler
but it can probably be the first step to it.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org