Fwd: Tablespace Problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kalai R
Subject Fwd: Tablespace Problem
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi,

Sir,

I have been checked pg_tblspc/86014 directory have no permission to create  new folder.
I am using Windows XP Os and VB.Net frontend. I created the tablespace folder by programaticaly using vb.net.

I tried to chang the  user permission for that folder by programatically and manualy using properties of the folder in windows explorer but folder permission not changed.
Is there any option to solve this problem via postgersql?

If not , Should I change the folder permission for which user? current user or service account for postgresql.

Please help to solve my problem.

Thank You.

Regards
Gloier

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 8:37 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Kalai R <softlinne.kv@gmail.com> writes:
> I have found a problem in my database. The following error occurs sometime
> not any specific database operation.

> ERROR:XX000:count not create temporary file
> "pg_tblspc/86014/pgsql_tmp/pgsql_tmp3568.0":No
>                      such file or directory.

Does that pgsql_tmp directory exist?  If not, does its parent directory
have the right ownership and permissions to let the server create it?

Note that pg_tblspc/86014 is presumably a symlink --- you need to look
at the directory the symlink points to.

                       regards, tom lane