Re: \copy ... with null as '' csv doesn't get nulls - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lew
Subject Re: \copy ... with null as '' csv doesn't get nulls
Date
List pgsql-general

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
> Exactly what I did because fortunately there weren't too many chances
> of weird stuff in 2000 records (sed -e 's/,""/,/g').

And this worked, right?

> Anyway with NULL AS '' and without it I can't still import NULL
> without pre-processing.

What pre-processing is that?

> I thought it may be missing total support of UTF-8 or if I did
> something wrong or it is actually a "feature".

This clearly has nothing to do with UTF-8, and everything to with comma-comma
representing a NULL and comma-quote-quote-comma representing an empty string.

--
Lew
This post contained two requests for responses.