Re: Schema's, roles and privileges - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Harald Fuchs
Subject Re: Schema's, roles and privileges
Date
List pgsql-sql
In article <200911300708.12397.aklaver@comcast.net>,
Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net> writes:

> From a quick look it would seem the easiest solution would be to change the
> search_path in:
> citext.sql.in
> uuid-ossp.sql.in
> These files are found in the respective contrib directories. Uninstall the
> modules. Rerun make and then reinstall.

FWIW:

I also manage some databases needing one or more contrib/pgfoundry
modules.  By habit, I install each module in its own schema (with read
access to everybody and write access to nobody) - this helps to
distinguish between your own DDL and the DDL of helper modules.  For
example:
 CREATE SCHEMA prefix; SET search_path = mymodule; \i path_to/mymodule.sql ALTER DATABASE mydb SET search_path =
public,mymodule;

The SQL files of a few modules mess with the search_path themselves;
this can be fixed by editing a copy of <module>.sql and \inserting the
copy.