Re: How to read query plan - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Harald Fuchs
Subject Re: How to read query plan
Date
List pgsql-performance
In article <423556B8.4020500@startnet.cz>,
=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Miroslav_=A6ulc?= <miroslav.sulc@startnet.cz> writes:

>> Instead of a varchar(1) containing 'y' or 'n' you could use a
>> BOOL or an  integer.

> Sure I could. The problem is our project still supports both MySQL and
> PostgreSQL. We used enum('Y','N') in MySQL so there would be a lot of
> changes in the code if we would change to the BOOL data type.

Since BOOL is exactly what you want to express and since MySQL also
supports BOOL (*), you should make that change anyway.

(*) MySQL recognizes BOOL as a column type and silently uses
TINYINT(1) instead.