Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Harald Fuchs
Subject Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing)
Date
List pgsql-general
In article <20031009030518.GD8265@dcc.uchile.cl>,

> It was not clear to me from the article that originally mentioned it
> that it had an uncommitted transaction, though it may very well be the
> case.

Sridhar mentioned MyISAM tables - thus no transactions at all.

> But given that ROLLBACK takes some unreasonable amount of time in MySQL,
> what do you really expect?  Did the rollback work when the poweroff was
> requested?  Or did it work only halfway, rendering the whole
> "transaction" model useless?

Been there, done that.  You can kill the MySQL server when it's
rolling back a huge transaction.  When you restart it, it just
continues the rollback.