Re: Postgresql & Oracle Heteregenous services - strange behaviour - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Marcin Stępnicki
Subject Re: Postgresql & Oracle Heteregenous services - strange behaviour
Date
List pgsql-sql
Dnia Wed, 17 Jan 2007 13:04:28 +0000, Richard Huxton napisał(a):

> That'd be my guess. And then it's not fetching any rows, expecting
> cursor-like behaviour. Of course we fetch all the rows before returning
> any results.
>
> The real solution would be to add "LIMIT 0" or "LIMIT 1" to the
> column-finding query, but I doubt that's possible with the Oracle plugin.
>
> Perhaps check if there's a "fetch N rows at a time" option for the ODBC
> setup that might help you.

I've tried various settings, upgraded to psqlodbc 8.02.0200, looked into
the source (info.c, retry_public_schema label) and there's a query which
gets the columns (select n.nspname, c.relname, a.attname, a.atttypid
(...)), I now can even see it in logs but there's still this additional
select before. I think it's not psqlodbc problem, because when I
issue my queries directly from isql from unixodbc everything seems normal
- I get this additional select only when quering from Oracle using
@my_server. Therefore, I think it is Oracle's fault and try to move this
topic to Metalink. Thank you again.

--
`---*  JID: Aragorn_Vime@jabber.org *---' http://www.naszedzieci.org