Re: Remaining Streaming Replication Open Items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Remaining Streaming Replication Open Items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 11:00 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think you could shut it down at the first point at which it is
> holding no locks, rather than letting it continue recovering and
> potentially retake some new locks.  That would be more consistent with
> the general idea of what a smart shutdown is supposed to be about.  I
> think the real question is whether it's worth the code complexity.

I don't think it's worth. So I agree to just remove the TODO item:
"Redefine smart shutdown in standby mode to exist as soon as all
read-only connections are gone."
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo#Standby_server_mode

Regards,

--