Re: Connect to postgresql database using Perl - Mailing list pgsql-general

From dipti shah
Subject Re: Connect to postgresql database using Perl
Date
List pgsql-general
That was cool ! Thanks a ton. Got my things done.

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 1:13 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
dipti shah wrote:
Thanks Guys. DBI works fine. I have written below code but it executes only on the server where I installed postgresql. Is there any way to run this code from remote host. I get an error when trying to run it from remote host. I think it is obvious because in below code there is no information where to connect to. Could you please help me out.

use DBI;
$DB_name    = 'mydb';
$DB_user    = 'postgres';
$DB_pwd     = '';
$dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Pg:dbname=$DB_name","$DB_user","$DB_pwd");

see http://search.cpan.org/~turnstep/DBD-Pg-2.16.1/Pg.pm#connect <http://search.cpan.org/%7Eturnstep/DBD-Pg-2.16.1/Pg.pm#connect>

add ;host=hostname-or-ip to the connect string...