SQLException.getErrorCode ? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Maxime Lévesque
Subject SQLException.getErrorCode ?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

 The method  SQLException.getErrorCode of the jdbc driver systematically returns 0,

 From what I have found on the web, the server doesn't have good support for error codes,
and it is the reason the jdbc driver doesn't return error codes.

The doc here talks about error codes :

 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/errcodes-appendix.html

Where are error codes support on the roadmap ?

I would like to detect things like 'table does not exist' , constraint does not exist, etc.. from the SQLException

 Is there a workaround ?

 Thanks

 And thanks for the quick replies to my previous questions ! ;-)