Re: regex back-references? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Blakeley
Subject Re: regex back-references?
Date
List pgsql-general
At 4:26 PM -0400 8/21/2000, Tom Lane wrote:
>Michael Blakeley <mike@blakeley.com> writes:
>>  Do I need to tell postgres to rebuild pg_language, perhaps?
>
>See the createlang utility script.  PL languages aren't installed
>by default (due to possibly-overzealous concern about security).

Thanks - that did it.

RFE: change the error message

ERROR:  Unrecognized language specified in a CREATE FUNCTION:
'plperl'.  Recognized languages are sql, C, internal and the created
procedural languages.

to read

ERROR:  Unrecognized language specified in a CREATE FUNCTION:
'plperl'.  Recognized languages are sql, C, internal and the created
procedural languages.
If you have compiled postgres with 'plperl' support, you may need to
run the 'createlang' utility.

thanks,
-- Mike