Re: Postgres performance - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From PFC
Subject Re: Postgres performance
Date
List pgsql-sql

>>     Really ?
>>     In my experience this is a sure way to get
>> inconsistencies slowly
>> creeping into your database, and you also get a load
>> of funky concurrency
>> issues.
> Yes, you are rigth... my insert/update are very simple
> and without problems and so I think to use 'foreign
> key' coded to make faster/simpler the management and
> don't overloading the db (and use exception code
> management )... but I had a problem with pgSQL because
> server was very busy and the same query was replicate
> (because users refresh the page... :( ) so now I've
> foreign keys...
It's a typical case, program being stopped between insertion of parent
and child row. Although in this case FK's is not the solution,
transactions are.

> What about it? (i think it's the same with mySQL...)
> I don't know how users can connect to... 1, 10,
> 1000... I must create a pool with 1000 connections? is
> this fine? if  connections aren't released I must
> reset manually, it is dangerous... do you think?
Just set the max number of connections for postgres a bit higher than the
max number of apache processes in apache.conf.